Employee Relations Advisor - Manchester City Centre
We are Swinton Insurance. We've been helping people to find insurance for nearly 60 years. And we're far from done. With a fresh focus, a clear vision and some incredible projects on the go, there's never been a better time to join us - and to develop your career with the nation's biggest high street insurance retailer.
We are currently looking for an Employee Relations Advisor to join the team to provide a proactive and responsive Employee Relations advisory and consultancy service covering case management, Manager Upskill and Change Management. Driving the continuous improvement of Swinton's Employee Relation offering through provision of simple and effective policies and toolkits.
The People Services Team has recently moved to a self-serve model and supporting managers to raise capability and promote the changes to ways of working.
As an Employee Relations Advisor you will be managing a portfolio of ER cases, providing expert advise to leaders on grievance, disciplinary, sickness absence and performance improvement cases. Support and coach leaders across the business through the provision of appropriate, effective and timely ER advice on all ER issues/cases enabling manager accountability and delivery.
Advise, deliver and implement pragmatic and commercial recommendations/ solutions to queries and ER cases balancing Swinton policy, employment law and good practice with a risk managed approach, where appropriate.
Present recommendations to the Employee Relations Lead on how improvements could be made to inform continuous improvement decisions.
Support ongoing HR policy review by developing and updating HR policies and toolkits in line with legislative requirements, business objectives, culture and values.
Act as a Subject Matter Expert in one or more areas of ER providing guidance to colleagues and the wider business on cases, trends and continuous improvement.
The following experience needed:
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral) and experience of undertaking research and drafting reports.
- Excellent influencing and coaching skills.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines across a varied workload.
- Works effectively with a remote workforce.
- Works independently and accountable for managing own workload, re-prioritising according to business criticality.
- Delivery of upskill workshops for managers promote the people polices, systems and changes in ways of working.
- Works well in a team.
- Continually strives to improve the ER offering by suggesting positive changes to policy, process, method of delivery etc.
- Results focused ensuring our obligations as an employer are balanced with the needs of the business.
- Building relationships and managing key stakeholders in the ER service provision (customers, HRBP's and People Services).
- Strong and current knowledge of UK Employment Law and external best practice trends.
- Legislation& policy interpretation to enable appropriate solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to ensure effective management of complex cases, business change etc.
- Change management.
- Gravitas to influence senior stakeholders.
- Project Management skills.
- Strong PC skills including ER databases and Excel
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit enquiry, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.