Technical Analyst (Oracle / Unix)
As a Technical Support Analyst in our Operations Application Support team, you'll support £multi-million IT systems and applications for our business. That's going to see you working across a wide variety of hardware and software technologies. Because you'll be involved in everything from resolving issues for our customer service advisors through to implementing small or medium-scale enhancements, it's also a role that offers the chance to build on your experience in a very fast-paced, diverse environment.
Every day really will be different here - you might be delivering root cause fixes, investigating any reported issues, updating documentation and getting involved in architectural and design discussions. You could be working with the team more generally to help them understand the ins and outs of the solutions you're helping to deliver, or carrying out code and system reviews.
Such a wide-reaching role demands someone who can take ownership for lots of different tasks. You'll also need to have a focus on Application Support rather than on Application Development. Self-sufficient, your excellent communication and stakeholder management skills mean you can also work well as part of a team.
Key Skill Requirements
- Skills in Oracle PL/SQL, SQL, SQL*Plus and Oracle supplied utility packages and in Unix Shell Scripting and command line.
- Experience in using Software Configuration Management and code delivery tools in lifecycle development.
- Experience in testing methodologies FTP.
- A track record of using ITIL-driven procedures and methodologies.
- A strong focus on driving improvement and constantly developing your own skills and expertise - you're likely to be doing a similar role at another big blue-chip company.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.