Garment Technologist - Knitwear
We are currently recruiting a Knitwear Garment Technologist to join a leading supplier based in central London, who supply knitwear to the UK and European high street.
If you are a technologist with a passion for knitwear, a good eye for detail and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment then this may be the role for you.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Take ownership of knitwear styles from the design team once the garment has been sold
- Working alongside 2 other Technologists and assisting them when needed
- Responsible for approval of garments and advising on all aspects on fit, construction and quality related issues
- Creating size specifications and technical packs for issue to factories
- Ensuring samples are developed from initial stage to finished production sample are commercially viable, checked and approved according to customer requirement
- Attending fit sessions as required, relaying fit comments and amendments to factories.
- Staying up to date with innovations and developments in knitwear production, working with factories to develop styles
- Working closely within internal design, sampling, sales and merchandising teams, and to develop strong working relationships with customers own technical teams.
- Liaising on all technical matters with the internal teams ensuring that the critical path dates are achieved
Attending fit meetings with customers and translating the comments to overseas suppliers
- Excellent knowledge of working within knitwear is essential
- Previous experience of working with UK high street retailers
- Great team player but equally able to work on own initiative
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for product
- Strong and effective communication skills and ability to build positive relationships with customers, suppliers and team members
- Experience of dealing with offshore factories
- A solid knowledge of working within knitwear is essential
- Previous experience of working with UK high street retailers is essential
- A minimum of 5 years commercial experience is required for this position
- Must be a good team player
- Excellent communication skills are required