Academic Note Taker
Are you looking for a rewarding job where you will make a difference to students' lives? Are you looking for a flexible role that will allow you to earn and learn at the same time? A role where you can help students to achieve their academic goals and make a direct impact on their future? If so, we have the perfect role for you.
Randstad Student & Worker Support are recruiting for manual note taker's to work with Students at University of Winchester.
We have students with disabilities/mental health conditions who are requiring one to one support in their Higher Education studies. We are looking for the right individuals to support our students to really make a difference.
As a student support worker you will attend various lectures and seminars and take accurate notes for students who due to their disability find it difficult to make notes for themselves.
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata - perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks
- £7.50 - £12.00 per hour - you will receive this rate, plus your benefits such as holiday pay - up to £1.45/hour
- Working for the UK's leading provider - you're in safe hands
- Improving your knowledge for free by being a part of higher education lectures
Providing note taking support to students suffering from disabilities/mental health conditions your responsibilities will include:
- Producing accurate and legible handwritten notes for lectures, seminars/tutorials and group tasks
- To review notes at the end of the lecture and ensure they are in a suitable format for the student to access effectively
- To maintain a professional role as a note taker and be aware of the need to maintain this professional relationship with the student at all times
- To act in the best interests of learners at all times whilst also working within the policies and procedures of the institution
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
- Have neat handwriting able to present notes in a legible and presentable manner
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- You will need to be able to work quickly and under time restrictions
- Good organisational skills
- Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education
If you are interested in this rewarding role supporting students in Higher Education and you meet the above requirements, we would love to hear from you!Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80383931