Commercial Credit Specialist - German Speaking
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Can you make the tough calls for our customers and our business? Our Commercial Specialists know that helping customers and clients is the heart of our business. But sometimes the right thing to do isn’t easy. It can mean declining requests to extend credit and collecting overdue funds. But they also understand that these could be the best decisions not only for American Express, but the customer and client as well. Do what’s right for customers, our company and your career. Like every customer, every situation is unique, but some of your responsibilities are clear.
- Handle incoming and outgoing calls for credit related matters
- Analyse client portfolios and organise the dunning process with local Credit teams
- Make profitable spend decisions based on risk assessment and card member and client profiles
- Recommend and execute cancellation or suspension of spending privileges where required for card members and client programs
- Effectively negotiate and discuss alternate payment arrangements
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
Are you up for the challenge?
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills (verbal & written in German mandatory)
- High degree of customer communication and sensitivity.
- Demonstrated experience in a credit related role
- Exceptional problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to use judgmental decision making to drive customer loyalty and growth for the business.
- Highly competitive and motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to deal with difficult situations professionally
- Ability to “think on your feet”
- Proficiency in MS Office
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time