Excellent earning potential
Market leading employee benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
We are now looking for an experienced Workshop Controller to be based at our Charles Hurst Jaguar. You will be a motivating leader who can manage the workshop efficiently whilst providing coaching and guidance to our team of technicians. Your focus will be on ensuring both customer satisfaction measures & our workshop targets are not just met but exceeded.
* Supervising and motivating our team of Service Technicians and proactively reviewing daily workload to seek opportunities that will help drive performance.
* Maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction by implementing quality checks, resolving any issues, and re-assuring customers by providing all necessary information and advice.
* Supervising the daily time keeping of technicians and manage authorised absence to ensure a consistent level of attendance
* Maintaining relationships with vehicle manufacturer and providing technical information for Technicians during repair operations
* Complying with Health & Safety regulations and ensuring high standards of housekeeping and security are achieved and maintained within the workshop and surrounding areas
What we're looking for:
* Fully trained technician, preferably Jaguar Group
* Previous workshop supervisory experience is essential
* Ability to work calmly under pressure
* Well-developed management and leadership skills
* A working knowledge of automotive technology, warranty systems and the franchise would be beneficial
* The ability to drive and motivate others to exceed targets and deadlines is a must.
* A full and valid UK driving licence
* Computer literate including Microsoft Office
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.