Employee Communications Manager - Global Functions & HOST
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Communications, designs and implements communications strategies which support HSBC's business objectives, in line with our values, and enhance and protect our reputation among key stakeholders.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Global Communications team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
The role is responsible for the planning and execution of employee communications plans for Global Functions and HSBC Operations, Services and Technology (HOST), with an emphasis on connecting employees more deeply to HSBC's purpose, values and strategy, driving stronger business performance, supporting change, instilling confidence in our future and inspiring pride in what we stand for.
In this role, you will:
- Plan and implement effective employee communications programmes that support Global Functions and HOST priorities
- Deliver/Manage internal campaigns and news, including ensuring important business insight and information is communicated to all employees
- Create compelling content and messages using story-telling to engage employees about the progress and priorities of the Global Function/HOST, aligned to our purpose, strategies and values
- Develop knowledge and understanding of global strategy, direction and initiatives at Global Functions and HOST level.
- Support organisational change and business transformation through strategic communications planning and implementation
- Arm people managers with briefings and materials that inform and mobilise employees
- Consider the external implications of implementing employee communications campaigns and projects and collaborate with media relations colleagues on external messages to mitigate risks
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders and Communications colleagues across the region to facilitate successful implementation of communications programmes
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- A proven track record in developing, managing and implementing employee communication plans - ideally on a regional or global level
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong knowledge of communication trends and best practice
- Broad knowledge of financial services industry and global marketplace
- Experience of building and managing online communities and user-generated content, basic video production and editing skills as well as sharepoint site management experience are desirable
- Knowledge of TouchCast and similar systems is an advantage
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000ADE8.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80377562