Phonics Teaching Assistant
Celsian Education are working with a primary school in Oldham to recruit for a teaching assistant to provide support to key stage 1 children to who are working on improving their phonics.
The role will start after Easter and will continue until the end of the academic year
To be considered for this role it is essential that
- You have experience of working with children delivering sessions on phonics.
- You have a recognised teaching assistant qualification
- You have a good level of English, ideally grade C or above at GCSE
When you are recruited for this role you will be required
- To liaise with the classroom teacher on how to differentiate the curriculum to meet the specific learning needs of the children.
- To motivate and encourage the children to engage with lessons and to keep them on task.
- Assisting in areas of specific weakness, such as phonics, literacy, numeracy or writing skills where appropriate.
- To gauge the pupils responses to their work where appropriate.
- To carry out any specific duties as outlined in the pupils Individual Educational Plans [IEP]
If you are interested in this role please apply today with your, CV covering letter/personal profile.
Celsian Education has been placing teachers and teaching assistants since 1993 and operates throughout a network of offices across the UK enabling us to respond to your needs quickly and effectively. As was one of the first agencies to be awarded the DfE Quality Mark (now known as REC Audited Education) and the first national agency to be awarded APSCo Compliance+ - safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants will be expected to undergo a face-to-face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80369026