Part-Time Bookkeeper Required for New Forest Based Charity.
Your new role
- Maintain accounting records using Sage accounting software (Sage 50 Account Plus).
- Money Management:
- On a monthly basis reconcile all control accounts to ensure they are reconciled and differences are resolved.
- Ensure invoices and expense claims are correctly authorised and paid in a timely fashion and entered in the accounting records
- Monthly, provide data/support to the outsourced payroll administration for all staff employed by the client, ensure such payments are made in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ensure that all new staff are enrolled in the Pension Scheme and that monthly payroll deductions are promptly paid to the pension providers.
- Annually, with the Treasurer prepare budgets for the various activities.
- Monthly, extract balances from Sage to prepare draft management accounts for review and discussion with the Treasurer.
- Quarterly, prepare the VAT return using data inputs from Sage and other sources.
- Provide quarterly reports of expenditure to all budget holders and section leaders and respond to queries/corrections arising therefrom.
- Annually, assist with the preparation of the annual accounts in line with the Charities Act
What you'll need to succeed
- At least 5 years' experience in an accounting role;
- Excellent IT skills including Sage, Microsoft Office, Outlook/email and internet/web based services;
- Good analytical skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Ability to prioritise tasks, handle deadlines and maintain good workflow;
- Ability to work as part of a small team of part-time employees
- Willingness to be flexible when business requirements demand.
What you'll get in return
- Flexible Working
- Excellent working environment
- Competitive Pro Rata Salary
- 25 days Holiday + Bank (Pro Rata)
- Free on-site parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80382183