Electrical Installation Apprenticeships - Camden
PLEASE SEE QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENT BELOW BEFORE APPLYING
You will be expected to carry out the installation, maintenance, repair and testing of electrical services both to the inside and outside of buildings and structures, including commercial, industrial and domestic.
You will follow engineering instructions and use wiring and circuit diagrams when working on installations and repairs. You will also use a range of tools to calibrate, inspect and test equipment and machinery to make sure they are working correctly and safely.
Some of the typical tasks you will learn and be expected to do include:
- Install, maintain and repair electrical services (eg. lighting, sockets, emergency lighting & heating controls)
- Work indoors and outdoors and be prepared to sometimes work at height
- Read both building and engineering drawings
- Understand wiring and circuit diagrams
- Select (within limits) materials and equipment
- Inspect and test electrical installations
- Diagnose and rectify faults on a range of circuits and equipment
- Write reports
- Develop good working relationships with people
You will work on site for four days per week and attend college for one day a week. Most site hours are Monday to Friday, 08.00-17.00.Person Specification
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Demonstrate a good level of maths and English
- Positive attitude to work and colleagues
- Ability and awareness of working safely
- Desire to learn
- Is both resilient and committed
- Is always looking to improve
- Enjoys being a team player
- Good colour vision to recognise colour coded wires and components
There are several different options you may want to consider once qualified.
You might want to get a job working for a renowned electrical company or being your own boss by becoming self-employed or setting up your own company might be more up your street. You could work overseas or continue with your studies and learn how to design the electrical specifications of buildings and structures.Key Training/College Information
K10 will enrol and fund your qualifications through a SFA funded training provider. It is likely to take 2-3 years to complete this apprenticeship, depending on current qualifications and experience.Qualifications required
Good written and verbal communication skills, including the skill of listening and following both simple and complex instructions.
- Candidates applying for an electrical apprenticeship must have completed a City & Guilds Level 2 qualification
- At least a Level 1 in Functional Skills or GCSE grade C or above in English, Maths and ICT. (GCSE’s valid within last 5 years)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80355968