Deputy Nursery Manager
Deputy Nursery Manager
•To ensure responsibility for the effective daily management of the nursery alongside the Nursery Manager, to have a sound knowledge of all Company policies, procedures, statutory welfare requirements and Ofsted expectations and requirements, and to ensure that these are maintained at all times.
• To be a role model to the staff team. Be able to showcase high quality practice with regards to individual and group work with children, dealing with staff and parent issues as they arise.
• To take responsibility alongside the Nursery Management Team for the safety, security and well-being of all children, staff and visitors at all times.
• To support the Nursery Manager to ensure that safeguarding procedures are followed in line with Local Authority and Company procedures.
• To support the Management Team in leading the nursery to reach an Outstanding grading with Ofsted.
•To contribute to a rigorous action plan that supports the development of areas set out in the ‘Corporate Plan’.
• To embrace, understand and promote nursery and to understand the role you play as a member of the management team in providing high levels of care and education.
•To be proactive in marketing the nursery in a positive way through show arounds and management of enquiries.
•To reinforce Company policy and procedures at all times and deal with any breaches swiftly and in an appropriate manner.
•To act as a mentor to new starters and Modern Apprentices to ensure a full induction and on-going regular contact, offering any support and guidance and addressing performance concerns as required.
•Mentor and lead the Nursery Team alongside the Management Team and offer support and guidance as required.
• To promote and initiate ideas to maintain employee engagement.
• To work alongside the Management Team to support effective staff deployment and costs
•Continually motivate and develop the staff team within the nursery through effective role modelling, spending time in rooms throughout the setting.
• Ensure the nursery and the Company is seen as an ‘Employer of Choice’ internally and externally.
• To take agenda items at Staff Meetings.
• To recognise and reward Outstanding practice within the nursery.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80368384