Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Employer : Kiddies Cabin NurseryLocation : Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 6DUPosition Type : ApprenticeshipApprenticeship Framework and Level : Intermediate Level ApprenticeshipSector : ChildcareVacancy Reference : VAC-33387Vacancy Short Description : The post holder is to assist in the development and running of the nursery, to provide good day care for the children in a safe, clean and stimulating environment.Vacancy Full Description : • To provide the best possible care and stimulation for the children of the nursery meeting their physical, intellectual, emotional and social needs in a non-discriminatory manner.
• To work in partnership with parents and encourage their involvement in the aims of the nursery and in all aspects of their child’s care.
• To provide and maintain records as necessary and appropriate, in line with the EYFS Statutory Framework.
• To attend training courses, to ensure that modern, innovated and forward looking practices are maintained and to allow for personal career development.
• To assist in the planning of appropriate a program of activity for the under 5’s relevant to their age and stage of development.
• To assist in the daily domestic management of the nursery; ensuring that the nursery is kept safe, secure and clean at all times.
• To work effectively as part of a team on a daily basis.
To participate fully in the daily routine of the individual rooms and to follow the guidance and instructions of the senior staff.
• To compile and maintain regular progress developmental records on key children, making sure that records are accurate, signed and dated.
• To develop good working relationships with parents and encourage parental interest and participation in the life of the nursery.Number of Positions Available : 1Working Week : 37.5 hours per week.Weekly Wage : £131.25Application Deadline Date : 04/04/2018Possible Start Date : 11/04/2018Personal Qualities : We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic individual keen to learn and progress, looking to launch their career within childcare.
A track record of high levels of attendance and Punctuality.
Ability to work with limited supervision but seek advice when appropriate.Skills Required : You need to have a keen interest in the childcare Industry and be dedicated to working towards your ApprenticeshipFuture Prospects : When you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship, you may be given the opportunity to continue in your role or progress onto an alternative support role within the company where you will receive full training and support.Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship in Children and Young Peoples Workforce
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICTOther Information : The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour (£3.70 an hour on April 1st, 2018). This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.05 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.50 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Things to consider : The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
All our premises are Smoke Free and smoking is not permitted whilst at work or during work time
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80365986