This is a fantastic opportunity to join the UK General Ledger team at EY.
As part of this role you will perform financial processing activities according to SLA's, team and individual targets. Consistently deliver high levels of customer service. Participate in continuous improvements initiatives and proactively seek improvements. Work as part of a team, supporting other team members to achieve team and individual goals. Provide support and cover for all the activities that take place on the section.
This is a 6 month FTC initially
Your Key Responsibilities
· Develop and maintain own knowledge of UK General Ledger team, in order to achieve desired levels of performance. To act as an effective team player, supporting each other by sharing own knowledge and experience.
· Administering queries
· Work effectively to ensure that you meet the agreed SLA's
· Production of the quarterly Tax Packs and PSA Packs.
· Balance sheet reconciliations
· Bank reconciliations
· Creation and posting of journals
· Accounting for staff's monthly payroll
· Support the VAT Accountant in producing a number of the firm's VAT returns
Skills and Attributes for Success:
· Attention to detail.
· A good team player as there is a requirement to cover for other team members
· Experience in a similar supporting role
· Good Knowledge of Excel - must be able to manipulate spreadsheet including sort, sum, subtotalling and creating pivot tables.
· Flexible and committed - willing to learn new tasks so as the team evolves everyone on the team is trained to provide cover for these tasks
· Works well under pressure - needs to be able to cope with pressure as this is a diverse team covering a number of different processes and a number of different deadlines. Must be able to prioritise own workload
· Team oriented - work as part of a team to ensure that the team reaches its deadlines, even when this may have an impact on your own workload
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professional's can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80385892