Graduate Commercial Finance Analyst
The Commercial Finance Analyst (CFA) provides key management information to the operational functions in the business as well as being a key link between the finance department and the business.
My client is a large employer in central bath who offer a fantastic place of work
This role works hand in hand with the business to prepare weekly trading updates and short term forecasts. They also support any deep dive analysis, and support evaluating performance
Understanding and Reporting;
- Prepare and distribute robust weekly management information, consisting of both Financial and
Non-Financial KPI's to the business and report key variances.
- Working hand in hand with the Commercial Finance Director and business owners, to provide data and insight to drive operational performance.Engage with the Business Owners and operational teams, to drive robust financial decision making supporting the long-term strategy of the business.
- Support the business owners in operational activities that require finance input - e.g. volumes, efficiencies, yield, pricing etc
- Support the month end process, reviewing outputs and delivering commentaries that provide insight into business performance.
- Deliver appropriate reporting/analysis to the business as required
Forecasting and Planning;
- Support the Commercial Finance Director during the annual planning process for the business owner; drive the development of local operational plans that support the financial expectations.
- Ensure that the business is accountable for the plans.
- Build FP&A models to support budgeting and forecasting
Insight to drive Opportunities and limit risks;
- Maintain rolling forecasts supported by immediate threats and opportunities. Use these to support the month end close.
- Work collaboratively with Business owners on longer term threats and opportunities. Providing insight that can influence decision making.
· Graduate in Finance, Maths, Economics or a relevant degree
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills
· Ability to quickly absorb and apply new information
· An enquiring mind with strong analysis and numerical ability
· Very strong MS Office skills including Excel (ideally including pivot tables, macros and vlookups)
· Commercial awareness
- Basic salary between £20,000 and £24,000
- Full study support
- Excellent training and career development
- Good benefits package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80388673