IT Support Apprentice
Interested in joining an ever-growing industry of IT Professional experts?
Baltic Training and General Optical Council are excited to be recruiting for fresh talent to join their team of experts based in the heart of London City Centre! Specialising in the professional regulation of optometrists and dispensing opticians in the UK, General Optical Council are offering a brilliant opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice to gain valuable work-experience whilst working towards industry led training! If you are passionate about solving IT issues then this is the role for you!
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- Providing first line service desk IT support to both internal and external stakeholders
- Under supervision ensuring that all assigned tickets are updated, completed or re-scheduled and SLA's met
- Assisting with the setup of desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, copiers and mobile devices, assisting with moving and changing workstations
- Assist with updating the IT asset registers listing all IT equipment and software on an on-going basis, reflecting organisational changes, upgrades, and deployment of new hardware,
- Under supervision maintaining helpdesk statistics, ensuring that the IT Officer is kept informed of problem type and frequency and resolution strategies.
- To source and procure consumables and peripherals ensuring that the organisation has an adequate supply when required, and as agreed with the IT Officer. To analyse trends, benchmarking IT and technology practices with relevant sector based
Training to be Provided:
- Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Networking Fundamentals - MTA
- Mobility and Device Fundamentals - MTA
- Cloud Fundamentals - MTA
- Coding and Logic
- Business Processes
- External Assessment, Synoptic Project, and Overview
Skills and Qualifications required:
- 5 GCSE's A-C grades, including Maths and English
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and determined nature
- Ability to work well under pressure & work to given deadlines and targets
- Organised and Proactive
- Demonstrable experience and ability working with computers in a variety of ways
The future is bright:
Upon completion of the programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our Level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits:
- £269 per week
- Full time Apprenticeship
Location and Travel:
This role is located at the heart of London City Centre with easy public-transport access on the Bus or Tube.
About Baltic Training:
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the Recruitment Consultant for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process. In the meantime if you want to get a head start on the other applicants expand you knowledge with the links provided!
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80387170