Communications Planning Manager
Communications Planning Manager
£33,000 p/a + amazing benefits (Grade E)
Manchester city centre
6 months fixed term
The Co-op is changing, fast. We've got a fresh new look, a renewed sense of purpose, and we're out-performing the competition in our core convenience market. Our Co-op marketing team has a massive role to play in helping us build on this success. They're responsible for defining and driving all our Co-op business units brand and membership communication plans, from; Electrical, Food and General Insurance, to Legal Services and Funeralcare. Now we're looking to recruit a talented communications planning manager to join us, and work closely with colleagues across the business to develop innovative and engaging membership communication plans. If you can bring us the combination of strategic vision and hands-on tenacity we need, we can offer you the chance to make a big impact in a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As our communications planning manager, we'll look to you to work closely with each of our businesses to understand their objectives, and build a strategic plan around them. It'll be up to you to make sure plans both meet brand objectives as well as contribute towards the business unit goals. You'll also support the senior communications planning and content manager with the development of the annual brand and membership communications and content plan. It's a huge job. But it's an even greater opportunity to make a tangible impact to our business performance.
What you'll do:
- work closely with business areas to understand their requirements and shape their membership communications and content plans
- translate information and plans back to business areas
- analyse campaign results and work with the business to re-plan activity
- day to day management of the brand & membership communications & content plan; making sure it is always accurate, up-to-date and aligned to budget
- initiate and maintain regular contact with business units and key business area leads to make sure they're fully informed and bought into the plan
- work closely with members of the planning team to present a weekly update of the plan at the delivery forum, ensuring all attendees are working together to deliver the comms & content plan
- influence key contacts to ensure the plan is customer and member centric, not business led
To be successful, you'll bring planning experience along with a relevant marketing degree. You'll be a real strategic thinker, and you'll have the confidence, courage and tenacity to influence and overcome challenge from a wide range of people. And it's also vital that you're able to devise strategies that strike a balance between commercial drivers and customer focus.
We'd love to speak to you if:
- you can bring communications planning experience
- you have a marketing related degree, and some digital marketing experience
- you have a post grad qualification, this would be an advantage but not essential
- you're analytical and good at spotting opportunities for improvement
- you're proactive and able to take the initiative
- you have strong MS skills, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- you're able to build and maintain strong and meaningful relationships with all kinds of people at all levels
174 years ago the Rochdale pioneers came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger, and it's thanks to them that as a Co-op colleague you'll receive a competitive salary and benefits including 27 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and an amazing pension.
We're actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences. And we recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, enabling our colleagues to adjust their hours to accommodate personal circumstances. You can find out more about all our Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80381951