We are currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant to join us on one of our exciting contracts. This is an exciting new role reporting to the Site Accountant. You will be a key role in assisting the management accounts processes through raising invoices, postings journals and reconciling balance sheet accounts. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail, be able to communicate confidently and be able to challenge the status quo.Key Responsibilities
- Raise and post journals including inter-departmental cross charging
- Raise Sales invoices
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Create and maintain spreadsheets for data capture purposes
- Adhoc work within the finance department as required
- Be able to demonstrate previous relevant experience
- Previous experience in a warehouse/distribution environment would be advantageous but not essential
- Be inquisitive, proactive with a passion for learning
- Be able to work under pressure whilst maintaining high standards
- Have excellent PC skills with good spreadsheet knowledge
- Self-motivated with the desire to be involved in all aspects of the finance departments work
- Good communication skills as regular inter-departmental contact will be required
- Confidentiality and discretion are essential
- A levels or equivalent
- Ideally AAT qualified / ACA / ACCA / CIMA Part qualified / Qualified by experience
It is an exciting time to join us…Wincanton is a leading Third Party Logistics (3PL) firm, providing supply chain consultancy and solutions to some of the world’s most admired brands in the UK and Ireland.
As the largest British logistics company we work in diverse Industry Sectors such as Retail, Consumer Goods, Energy, Defence, Construction and Milk adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistic challenges. We put our Customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our Customers business’s better every day”.
We employ approximately 17,500 people across more than 200 sites and have a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles.
Our people are at the core of business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progression, as well as training, enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
With continued success and business growth Wincanton have opportunities for exceptional Candidates.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80389241