Indirect tax VAT Analyst
Indirect tax VAT Analyst - Uxbridge - Duration 26/03/2018 - 25/09/2018
£278 - £343 per day
- Qualified or part-qualified (CTA/ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or overseas equivalents;
- At least 3 years experience within Indirect Taxes;
- An understanding of the wider principles of financial reporting with specific knowledge of European Indirect Taxes would be considered essential;
- Good spoken and written English;
- Preferred professional background: Big 4 firm, Shared Services Centre environment, Outsourcing, International work experience, Health-care Sector and Manufacturing & Distribution business.
Attributes and Experience - Required:
- Detailed understanding of European Indirect Tax legislation, preferably with experience in specific jurisdictions such as Spain, Poland, Ireland, Italy, France and the UK;
- Experience of Indirect Tax Processes within an ERP environment - SAP/JD Edwards experience is preferred;
- Strong familiarity with cross-border movements of goods from an indirect tax perspective;
- Strong basic book-keeping and analytical skills within the context of Indirect Tax;
- English language skills; additional European languages would be advantageous;
- Ability to work independently, is a self-starter and can show initiative; can work well as part of a team;
- High level of competence using Excel;
- Numeracy, accuracy, attention to detail;
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing pieces of work.
Attributes and Experience - Preferred:
- Experience of Indirect Tax accounting in a multi-national Shared Services Centre environment or in a Manufacturing & Distribution business;
- Ability to communicate at all levels and manage multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to work with dispersed and multicultural teams;
- Capable of contributing strongly to change projects.
Core Responsibilities - Indirect Taxes:
The job details are as follows:
- Undertake all aspects of Indirect Tax compliance for specific European VAT registrations and VAT Groups within a larger European-based Indirect Tax compliance team;
- Ensure the provision of accurate and compliant VAT reporting services to the company and external authorities on behalf of the relevant the company legal entities;
- Routinely ensure that VAT compliance and underlying accounting records are in alignment through monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations;
- Preparation of draft Indirect Tax and statistical returns on behalf of the company's relevant entities, including:
o Sales, purchase and miscellaneous transaction review including invoice sampling;
o Resolution of exception items;
o Correction of errors found, including any consequent GL postings;
o Trend analysis;
o Clear and complete documentation of the above;
o Preparation and processing of tax payments.
- Co-ordination of Indirect Tax audits, liaising with the market and the Global Tax team to provide support in responding to queries and resolving tax disputes;
- Ensuring market-specific document retention requirements relating to Indirect Taxes are met;
- Manage escalations from customers, stakeholders and external authorities;
- Other support and analysis activities as required to support the needs of Global Tax and/or the Market Finance Partners;
- Monitor Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and ensure performance targets related to the process are adhered to in the BSC team;
- Work closely with the risk management function to ensure services provided are compliant and risks are managed;
- To continually review processes and seek to communicate and implement changes to improve efficiency, particularly given the scale of the work being taken on and the fact that much of the business contact will be with individuals not based in the UK;
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all work undertaken, ensuring the SOPs are kept up to date and applied consistently;
- Assist in the development and deployment of specific Indirect Tax reporting software and processes as required.
Overall Departmental Responsibilities:
- Provide first line financial leadership and ensure legal, regulatory and tax compliance for specific tax reporting teams, working closely with Markets (LOCs), other internal departments to achieve objectives;
- Other support and analysis activities as required to support the needs of Global Tax and/or Market Finance Partners/FDs;
- Work closely with the risk management function to ensure services provided are compliant and risks are managed and moreover that the BSC controls framework is firmly embedded within day-to-day processes and operated accordingly;
- Actively participate in the optimisation and streamlining of processes across the UK & EMEA tax and stats department.
This position represents a great chance to widen your skill set and progress your career in a successful business.
If you are keen to apply, please send your CV immediately or get in touch for further information.
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80390317