Software Engineer III
Highly Competitive Basic Salary & Benefits
LexisNexis provides top-class content, information analytics, and workflow solutions for working legal professionals. We bring clarity to information to help our customers reach essential insights and make the right decisions.
We are growing the first LexisNexis development team in the UK to build our next generation product. We are seeking full-stack developers with a passion for continuous improvement, who will take an active role in contributing to the team direction.
You will be working in a cross-functional agile team on a world class search engine, utilizing a NoSQL content platform. You are someone who channels your strengths and experiences to focus on shaping positive outcomes for the team and the product we are building.
What you will experience:
- Pair programming to deliver high value, end-to-end user stories
- Cross role collaboration with Quality Analysts, Experience Designers, Product Owners, and Business Analysts
- Practicing continuous integration and advancing deployment builds to enable continuous delivery
- Regular knowledge sharing across team
- Engaging in a self-organising, non-hierarchical team
- Team ownership of product quality
- Automated testing at all levels for new and existing code, including the practice of test-driven development
We are currently using:
- MarkLogic platform
- Microservice patterns and architecture
- Java RESTful services
- C# and .NET technologies
- Git, GitFlow, Jenkins and VSTS
- AWS technologies: EC2, S3, Lambda, CloudFormation
- Application monitoring tools: NewRelic, Splunk, CloudWatch
What you will bring:
- Eagerness to learn new technologies
- Deep understanding of how the web works
- Experience with a strongly-typed OO language
- Real passion for producing clean, maintainable, and extensible code
- Test-aware approach to everything you build
- Solid communication skills, as we collaborate daily with technical and non-technical team members
- An adaptable working style, open to evolving team practices
- Desire for continuous improvement through critical analysis, e.g. driving conversations to address issues within the team when you see them
- Willingness to experiment, get feedback, and iterate - we're all learning!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80385201