Head of Liquidity and Market Risk
The Head of Market & Liquidity Risk is responsible for the management of the market risk and related liquidity risk of positions held by the business and all stress modelling in the company. Responsibilities will be varied and will encompass risk measurement and reporting, intraday supervision and monitoring of positions and development of risk systems and methodologies.
My client is a financial and commodities brokerage firm based in London.
The Head of Market & Liquidity Risk will be responsible for:
- Market and Liquidity Risk policies.
- Management of Market and Liquidity risk department.
- Oversight of the monitoring and analysis of market and liquidity risks (e.g. VaR, stress testing, P&L investigation, RNIV, IPV, new product & market developments).
- Design of the ILAA and the relevant stress models.
- Reporting to Market Risk and Liquidity Risk committee. (e.g. back testing analysis, detailed long term analysis, model validation assessments).
- Creation of ICAAP stress models.
- Management and oversight of risk controls, including real time monitoring, around electronic platforms.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of all relevant regulations pertaining to market and liquidity risk that apply to the UK jurisdiction.
- Review, aggregate and provide independent second line opinion on Liquidity & Market Risk reporting for inclusion in Executive and Board level reporting.
- Ad hoc tasks as required by senior management.
ProfileThe successful candidate will have the following:
Experience working in the Financial Services regulated environment.
- Risk management within commodities and FX.
- A broad knowledge of OTC and listed derivatives.
- Understanding of trading strategies and portfolio risk.
- Extensive knowledge of market risk, technical skills and expertise.
- Strong knowledge of risk-related regulations (e.g. Capital Requirements Regulation) and their application within the industry sector.
- Designing and developing market and liquidity risk models.
- Designing and developing xVA models.
- Designing Market and Liquidity risk policy documents.
- Designing Market and Liquidity risk procedures.
- Proven ability to understand complex issues, to combine technical knowledge with commercial understanding and to communicate with clarity to senior management.
- Proven leadership to develop individuals and create high performance teams.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Looks to re-engineer processes and drive improvement.
- Balances costs, benefits and risks in making a decisions and addressing areas of weakness that may affect team performance.
- Makes timely and sound decisions whilst understanding the impact and implications of decisions and provides feedback on outcomes.
- Provides guidance on how to strengthen knowledge and skills to improve personal and organisational performance.
- Results orientated, continues to work toward achievement of goals in the face of obstacles readily integrating changes into work processes and outputs.
- Actively seeking out and building relationships with others who can provide information or intelligence to drive success.
- Takes independent action to change the direction of events with minimal supervision.
- Awareness of external industry and the drivers behind the longer term objectives of the business as a whole.
This is a permanent role. This will be based in my client's offices in the City of London.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80378646