Apprentice Web Developer/Desinger
Baltic Training and OFFiGO are delighted to be working together to recruit for an Apprentice Web Developer/Designer.
OFFiGO are a newly established business with 2 years' experience in events promotion and attractions to see and do while visiting Blackpool. All through the magic of an Android App tourists and locals can check out the latest events, hotels and offers. OFFiGO has also been awarded a contract to build a website and App for 10-16 year olds as part of head start.
This opportunity involves working within a team to create new features on the website and ensure the main site works accordingly.
- Write clean and well-designed code.
- Produce detailed specifications.
- Trouble shoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimisation and functionality.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Follow industry best practices.
- Research the latest software opportunities in which to make the product better.
Training to be provided
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Software Development.
- Software Development Environment, Roles and Structure.
- Software Data, Interfaces & Security.
- Software Development Processes.
- Developing Code Using Good Practices & Logic.
- Software Development Requirements.
- Functional Skills; ICT, Maths and English Level 2.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Must have experience in word press.
- Graphic design skills are preferred
- Demonstrable knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and in developing web services and creating email templates.
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, eBay etc).
- Passion or best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas.
The future is bright
Upon completion of the 15 month programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- £130.00 Per Week rising to £142.50 in April
- Full time (37.5 hours per week) 9.00AM - 5.00PM
- 20 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
Location and travel
This role is located in central Blackpool near Winter gardens and is easily accessible via a whole range of public transport routes including the number 3, 6, and 4 bus as well as the tram.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now! When we receive your application, the Recruitment Consultant for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process. In the meantime if you want to get a head start on the other applicants expand you knowledge with the links provided!
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80388444