JSS2 INE Senior Network Engineer
JSS2 INE Senior Network Engineer, Senior Routing and Switching Engineer
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire - commutable from Southampton, Cowes, Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Guildford, Aldershot, Crawley, Horsham, Brighton, Worthing, Chichester
Duration: 12 Months
Rate: £47.83 per hour
Clearance: Can start on a BPSS clearance (must be willing and eligible to undergo, prior to project start date)
Key skills; Network Consultant, Network Engineer, Network Designer, Network Design Engineer, IT Infrastructure, Networking, Configuration Management, Routing and Switching, Network Integration, Juniper, CCNA, Network Manager, Networking, Senior Network Engineer, Cisco
My client, a global organisation, is currently looking for a Senior Network Engineer to responsible for maintaining and maturing the detailed technical design of the QEC Networks. Implementation of the network aspects of the QEC Networks architecture. Supporting the testing of each INE Release and supporting for platform activities and other integration activities. The successful Network Engineer will have demonstrable experience within defence arena. The role of Network Engineer will require a sound understanding in Data centre type technologies, Windows Server, Active Directory/DNS and VMware. Candidates applying for the role of Network Engineer must also have networking, L1 to L3 skills, have prior working knowledge on, IT Infrastructure/networking technical background.
- Experienced in all aspects of networking, L1 to L3 skills essential.
- IT Infrastructure / networking technical background essential.
- Integration support background essential.
- LAN, WAN, MPLS, QoS, BGP, OSPF, RIP, IPSEC, GRE, L2TP, MSTP, HSRP, Virtual Switching are a must.
- Experience of CISCO 6500 and ASA 5500 series desirable
- Must have a sound understanding in Data centre type technologies, Windows Server, Active Directory/DNS and VmWare.
- Degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, or equivalent.
- CCNA minimum, other industry recognised standard network qualification highly desirable. Juniper knowledge desirable, but not essential.
For further information on this opportunity please contact Kris Foston on or phone 0161 694 9200.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
Key skills; Network Consultant, Network Engineer, Network Designer, Network Design Engineer, IT Infrastructure, Networking, Configuration Management, Routing and Switching, Network Integration, Juniper, CCNA, Network Manager, Networking, Senior Network Engineer
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80382822