Big Data Engineer
We are urgently looking for a big data engineer for a large blue chip company based in London.
As a data engineer, you should have at least 5+ years’ experience.
- Experience with big data platforms; working with large data sets, large amounts of data in motion and numerous big data technologies.
- Experience of working in a global business environment/different cultures.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and balancing multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical and communications skills required.
- Experience with reporting/visualization tools (e.g. SAP Lumira/Design Studio, Spotfire, Power BI)
- Highly analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with data Architecture and design techniques (local/abstract).
- Comfortable to work with global stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Have strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills. Is highly experienced in communicating with business at all levels.
- Experience with SAP technologies (SAP ECC/ERP, SAP BW, SAP HANA etc.)
- Experience with SQL-based technologies (e.g. MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Experience with Restful API developments.
- Experience with data blending technology (e.g. Alteryx)
- Experience with Microsoft or AWS data stack e.g. Microsoft Azure Data Lake, Hadoop (preferably with Spark), Cosmos DB, HDInsight/HBase, MongoDB, Redis, Azure Table/Blob stores etc.
- Agile Project Delivery techniques (e.g. SCRUM, Kanban, XD, ).
- Experience creating and using a wide range of scrum and agile artefacts and techniques e.g. continuous improvement, automated testing, personas, user stories, agile games etc.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80378808