Senior Category Manager - IT Procurement
Location: South East
Job Type: Permanent
Senior Category Manager - IT Procurement - South East - £75k + Car + Package
This market leading telecommunications company are looking to add a skilled and commercially astute Senior Category Manager within IT Procurement to maximise value from supplier relationships and mitigate business risk through the driving of commercial strategy. Reporting directly into the Head of IT Procurement, the role offers regular access to senior stakeholders across the organisation along with the opportunity to lead a small team for Hardware, Managed Services, Software and Enterprise Sales categories.
Senior Category Manager Responsibilities:
- Develop both purchasing and category strategies to deliver IT procurement requirements and organisational strategies.
- Optimise market position to maximise procurement opportunities in a risk averse and sustainable manner.
- Ensure a transparent and rigorous supplier selection process, balancing IT procurement recommendations with organisational requirements.
- Lead third party negotiations and manage commercial interface with suppliers, ensuring delivery of sound commercial procurement contracts.
- Bold and objective communication with stakeholders, whilst showing an understanding of stakeholder strategy and motivation.
Key Skills & Attributes Required:
- In-depth procurement experience within the technology category, specifically across software and managed services.
- Engaging and able to influence at senior levels of business, shaping the IT procurement agenda to achieve exceptional results.
- Commercial acumen and a track record of delivering exceptional value from supplier relationships.
- Degree educated.
- CIPS (desirable)
For more information, please e-mail an up-to-date copy of your CV to
Keywords: Indirect Procurement, Technology, IT, Senior Category Manager, Enterprise Sales, Strategy, Risk, Telecoms Procurement, Software Procurement, Hardware Procurement, Managed Services Procurement, Degree, CIPS, London, South East
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80379326