Purchase ledger clerk
Experienced Purchase ledger clerk to work in Borehamwood ,Hertfordshire
Established Distribution Group based in Borehamwood ,Hertfordshire urgently require an experienced purchase ledger controller to take responsibility for the Bought ledger function. Working as part of a friendly team and reporting to the Finance Director,duties will include:
- The control and processing of all purchase invoices
- To process all computerised BACs runs and occasional cheque payments
- To process all foreign and UK payments via Barclays net system
- Processing, posting and contra posting , including filing of intercompany accounts
- The Filing and accountability of supplier invoices and payments. The speedy recovery of all records when requested.
- To liaise with suppliers to ensure timely resolution of problems which may impact on the performance of the business.
- Checking of supplier statements
- The weekly reconciliation of bank statements for sterling and foreign accounts.
- Weekly update of outstanding supplier claims
- To update and input new and existing suppliers on to the supplier list 11. Any other duties as assigned by the management team
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- A good problem solver with excellent communication and negotiation skills
- At least 3 years experience in all aspects of purchase ledger.
- Strong reconciliation skills
- Experience of foreign currency payments
- Versatile and adaptable with the ability and willingness to assist with other accounting duties as required
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80372982