The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for the technical viability of the project works, (or part of the project works). Participate in the health and safety, quality and environmental management of the project.
Setting out of airside and non-airside works including, earthworks, PQ Concrete paving, asphalt surfacing, roadworks, drainage, AGL and ducting and all associated structures and substructures.
Reviewing and logging drawing issue changes.Completing quality documentation.
- Implementation of Quality planning and controls to ensure project compliance with the Specification and the Quality, Health, Safety, Environmental and Sustainability Company Policies;
- Undertake the roles appropriately assigned within the contract PMP: setting out, issuing permits;
- Checking and ensuring that the project works comply with the requirements of the contract specification and drawings etc. and maintaining appropriate records etc to confirm such compliance;
- Maintain records of work done and site activities including as built records, quality records, diaries and allocation sheets;
- Being proactive in the identification and resolution of problems;
- Maintain and develop client relationships;
- Actively mentor and develop graduates and trainees.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Safety Level 1 course;
- CITB Level 2 Safety Course SSSTS (Desirable);
- Appropriate CSCS card (essential);
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent (Desirable);
- First Aid at Work (4 day) (Desirable);
- New Roads and Streetworks supervisor (Desirable);
- CPD evidence of relevant post graduate practical training e.g. attendance on courses for Forms of Contract, Scaffolding Appreciation, Formwork/Falsework Appreciation, Concrete Technology, H&S Management, e.t.c. (Desirable);
- CAT and Genny training (Desirable);
- Has held a similar position with a Civil Engineering Contractor for a sustained period;
- Can set out using Theodolite and tape, total station including uploading co-ordinate data;
- Levelling for kerb pins, drainage, earthworks profile boards and batter rails;
- Setting up pipe and rotating lasers;
- Setting out and dimensional control of PQ Concrete and AGL works;
- Experience of working within the Aviation sector (Desirable);
- Experienced at undertaking quality checks, making concrete cubes etc (Desirable);
- Experienced in Word, Excel, Outlook, power point;
- Produce As-built records and drawings (Desirable);
- Knowledge of BIM (Desirable);
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project (Desirable);
- AutoCAD – as built drawings, bespoke site sketches (Desirable);
- Specification for Highway works.
- Relevant Technical knowledge and ability to visualize and interpret drawings;
- Good practical knowledge of site setting out, control and checking using EDM, pipe lasers, laser levels and GPS equipment;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;Good experience and knowledge of aviation, airside and non-airside, works
- Behaviour 1: supportive of others in their goals;
- Behaviour 2: trust and respect; deliver your work on time, be open and transparent, respect confidential information;
- Behaviour 3: Challenge constructively;
- Behaviour 4: Issue resolution: embrace issues and try to find solutions but always escalate to leaders when they cannot be resolved;
- Behaviour 5: Innovation and continual improvement; be prepared to explore new opportunities, voice your ideas and be creative;
- Behaviour 6: Engagement; Listen, communicate, respond promptly;
- Behaviour 7: Accountability; take responsibility for your actions, understand your job role;
- Ability to use own initiative;
- Good time management;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong team-working skills;
- Systematic/organised, Enthusiastic, Confident, Personable;
- Resourceful, Reliable.
Additional job board text
We are looking for an experienced Senior Engineer to work at our site at Gatwick Airport and other UK airport sites as required. This role is offered on a full time basis. In return we are offering a competitive salary, plus company car/allowance, flexible benefits, 26 days annual leave entitlement, share plans, company pension and private medical insurance.
As part of our recruitment process all job offers are subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.62 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide. We are committed to equal opportunities for all and are accredited by Investors in Diversity & the National Equality Standard.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80371063