Test Architect - Maritime, Defence, Naval
Job Role: Test Architect
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance
Test Architect - Permanent - Hampshire - £65,000
The Test Architect will be responsible for developing, implementing and leading practices and processes across the business area which are scalable to the expanding business needs.
The Test Architect will have ownership of enterprise wide initiatives. The Test Architect shall plan, implement, test, document and maintain enterprise-wide solutions to total system or subsystems using internally created and/or off the shelf products. During this process all parts of existing or new peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements (taking into consideration the special technology needs) shall be analysed and identified.
The Test Architect will report to the Engineering Leadership Team and be under the general direction of the Integration and Test Manager.
- Developing advanced technological ideas and guiding their development into a final product.
- Application of advanced technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts.
- Review, evaluation and derivation of requirements for testability, develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for complete systems and/or subsystems.
- Act as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on complex projects and/or programs.
- Support Business Development and Programme Management during capture & proposal phases.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to synthesize customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints
- Experience of integrating complex systems
- Experience of qualifying software to Safety Integrity Levels (SIL 2, DO-168)
- Experience of defining & monitoring sub-contract test activities
- Familiar with Military EMC and Environmental Standards and sub-contracting testing to these
- Knowledge of Modelling and Simulation techniques for validation
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Knowledge of integration to Def Stan 21-88
- Experience of implementing Test Frameworks and Automation tools
- Model based Engineering
- Experience of Software Testing (ISTB qualified)
- Experience with JIRA
- Familiar with DOORS
- Familiar with Defect reporting and tracking systems
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80382283