Senior Software Engineer
“Made by Bosch” stands for outstanding quality of a global player. Profit from the multitude of career opportunities in an internationally positioned company.
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions is responsible for the products and services Bosch deliver to the automotive industry. In more than 140 countries, we offer spare parts, technical information and training, as well as diagnostic hardware and software and services for analysis, upkeep and repair of vehicles.
We are now looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Stockport.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for designing, developing and testing high quality software for our GRADE-X Mobile cloud-based diagnostic solution.
- Provide a level of leadership in the design and development of software components
- Able to produce high quality software with minimum oversight
- Able to contribute to and take responsibility for software architectural decisions
- Work together with fellow Scrum team members and the Product Owner to refine and split user stories
- Design and develop software features based on tasks defined together with fellow Scrum team members
- Investigate and correct software defects
- Define and implement automated software tests against task and user story acceptance criteria
- Peer review code developed by other team members
- Provide mentoring to junior team members
- Proactively contribute to development process improvement activities through sprint retrospectives etc.
- Demonstrate completed software in internal and occasionally in customer Sprint Reviews
- Actively learn new tools and technologies as required for the project
The ideal Senior Software Engineer will have the following education & experience:
- Three or more years’ experience of developing production software
- Java EE technologies, in particular RESTful Web Services
- Unit test development
- Awareness of security requirements and software design implications for web-based applications
- Demonstrable software design skills
- Dedication to high quality, on time delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Certified ScrumMaster
- AngularJS or similar Single Page Application framework
- Awareness of Java database technologies
- Agile development as part of a Scrum team
- Configuration management
- Source code control (e.g. GIT)
- Code quality assurance approaches (peer code review, static analysis)
- Jira for managing development and correcting defects
- Automated end-to-end test development (e.g. Robot, Selenium)
- Automated testing of web applications
- Cloud deployment of web-based applications
- Automated build systems e.g. Jenkins
- It would be an advantage to be fluent in a Second Language (French, Japanese, or German)
Please note: The successful candidate may be required to travel in the UK and internationally, for both customer meetings and technical meetings with Bosch colleagues.
The successful Senior Software Engineer, will be entitled:
Competitive salary with annual bonus, 25 days holiday, matched pension contributions, free parking and subsidised canteen
Make it happen, apply now!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80368423