Interim Group Accountant
Interim Group Accountant
A Local Authority in the East Midlands are currently looking for an interim Group Accountant to join the team. They are recognised as one of the best performing councils in the country, and provide a number of services to over 500,000 people. Reporting directly into the Financial Controller, this position is for an initial 3 months with competitive rates on offer.
As a Group Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Providing accountancy advice and information to the Resources Directorate so that the finances are managed in line with council policies and procedures
- Preparing revenue estimates ensuring they are in line with Accountancy Standards, legislation and relevant codes of practice
- Providing detailed monthly monitoring information and liaise with spending managers on budget variances so that action can be taken to resolve them efficiently and effectively
- Leading the closure of the final accounts and production of the Statement of Accounts ensuring compliance with all relevant Accounting Standards and Codes of Practice
- Working closely with external auditors and involvement in preparation of statutory accounts
- Working Capital and Cashflow management
The successful applicant will:
- Be qualified to ACA /CIMA/ACCA
- Producing statutory accounts including monthly and year end accounts
- Accounts reconciliation experience
- Proven ability to work under pressure in order to achieve deadlines
- Have advanced Microsoft Office knowledge
- Have excellent communication skills across varying levels of the organisation
- Have the ability to multi-task and balance different responsibilities
This is an excellent opportunity for a Group Accountant to work with a leading Local Authority during one of their busiest periods. This role offers excellent rates, longevity and is a fantastic challenge.
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80377454