Head of Software Engineering / Technical Lead
A Head of Software Engineering / Technical Lead position has opened up within a fast growing Application and Network monitoring solutions vendor. We are looking for a stand out people manager and technically sound candidate who can lead from the front and engage confidently with their team, ensuring all projects are delivered to the highest level
BENEFITS: 24 days holiday rising to 30 with service, Pension, Healthcare,
LOCATION: Godalming, Surrey
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Guildford, Aldershot, Farnham, Leatherhead, Croydon, Slough, Twickenham, FarnboroughTHE COMPANY - Head of Software Engineering / Technical Lead
Having been established for 15 years we have seen significant & sustained growth year on year and expect to grow by a further 15-20% over the next 12 months. Currently we employ 30 personnel and expect major expansion of the team.
Our route to market is a pure channel reseller model, using leading distribution partners to help us expand and get our service offerings into customers’ hands;
“Our product enables businesses to have the right conversations with their customers”.
Our technology environment includes: -
* Back end .Net, C# with service-orientated architecture (WebAPI, REST) using ORMs
* The Architecture is a private cloud solution and a major project is kicking off in early 2018 to re-architect around public cloud (AWS/ Azure) with horizontal scaling
* A strong TDD ethos with good test coverage, extensive use of automated testing as well as Agile/Scrum process within two week sprints.
* Maintaining a high-performance architecture collecting, processing and visualising billions of data points
The Head of Software Engineering / Technical lead will be responsible for managing, planning and growing the engineering team, ensuring we build a world-class engineering organisation. You will ensure the team delivers the right features on time, allocating resources, resolving conflicts and removing blockers as required.
Additionally you will be responsible for:-
* Building and executing a defined plan for growing and resourcing the software engineering team which supports company strategy and provides technology coverage.
* Overseeing the creation and maintenance of a technical Roadmap, embracing innovation, architecture planning, and managing tech debt.
* Instigating processes to identify, investigate, review and adopt new technologies and practices.
* Ensuring the team understands how our customers use the software we create.
* Creating and managing strong, effective communication paths between Engineering, Products, and Technical/Ops so that these groups work together efficiently and enjoy the experience.
* Optimising how work is fed to the Engineering team. Refine our Agile SDLC process, pushing us towards full Devops.
REQUIREMENTS - Head of Software Engineering / Technical Lead
We are looking for an experienced leader. Someone who has proven knowledge and success in building a development team, and delivering projects in an agile environment. You will have held a senior level leadership role within a software engineering team and have a track record in growing technical employees into competent and strong team members.
Additionally you will have the following skills and experiences:-
* Strong technical background, you’ll be able to command respect from a highly technical group of experienced developers, and lead from the front.
* Excellent communications and influencing skills be able to work within all levels of the organisation.
* You’ll be an “agile” evangelist, committed to delivering value to internal and external customers.
* Strong ability to multi-task and be highly efficient and organised.
* It is likely but not essential that you will have worked for a SAAS/ Cloud/ Software Vendor or Service Provider
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Software development, software engineering, software engineering manager, technical leader, technical lead, developer, Agile, Technical Manager, Technical Director, Head of Technical engineering, Head of Development, Software lead, Development Manager, Development Team Lead, Head of IT, Head of Software
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Zoe Chatley quoting Head of Software Engineering / Technical Lead reference ZC1803-33 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683307 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80371447