This role is responsible for the accounting and controlling of the business finances in an efficient manner and to deliver management reports to the group in an independent way.
A high performing business in the South of Oxfordshire who are going through a number of exciting changes, bringing newly created positions to fruition. A personable and friendly finance function which will be growing for the foreseeable future.
- Responsible for financial accounting for the company.
- Mentor/develop junior team members.
- Manage month end and year end closing.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Responsible for managing of the external audit process with the auditors with the aim of ensuring a clean audit report.
- Ensure corporation tax and VAT compliance.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Analyse and communicate the meaning of financial information and be prepared to challenge the status quo.
- Monthly/quarterly/annual P & L and cash projections and manage working capital requirements.
- Responsible for the UK financial statements produced under IFRS
- Prepare corporation tax computations.
- Correspond with colleagues in other companies and with head office.
- Calculate, compare and review the more efficient finance options for the company.
- Provide support to the business to help assess the financial implications of initiatives or proposals.
- Assist with the UK Budget and Forecasting process and delivery of defined reports on a timely basis.
- Customer contract accounting to ensure that revenue recognition is performed appropriately and in line with reporting standards.
- Provide ad-hoc reports as requested to Group accounting and Group controlling in Hamburg.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of accounting principles and practices (IFRS).
- Knowledge of the UK tax system - understanding of R&D related tax regulations would be beneficial.
- Capable of analysing numbers critically and drawing out relevant conclusions
- Accurate, reliable, highly-organised. Service minded and problem-solving oriented. This role requires someone who can juggle multiple tasks in an organised and effective way.
- Strong level of skills with MS Powerpoint, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines and to act on own initiative.
- Ability to motivate, manage and develop a team of direct reports.
- Ability to organise initiatives/projects and present actions and outcomes to staff at all levels of the organisation.
£40,000-£45,000 per annum plus benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80365194