Finance Business Process Senior Analyst
Great people go far at Specsavers
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Business Process Senior Analyst, based in our Nottingham city centre office. Working as part of the Finance Shared Service Operation team, you will lead specific initiatives to deliver the improvement of services that are provided to Store Partners, Supply Chain and Head Office.
We are looking for someone who has experience of identifying and delivering process improvements which includes the creation of process maps and standard operating procedures. You will be innovating, using new technologies and influencing others teams to deliver the changes that we need, and to optimise various elements of these processes such as people skills, process steps and technology changes.
Our business is always evolving and our Finance Shared Service is no exception to this. By producing and analysing the current process metrics you will create and deliver continuous improvement opportunites to improve the end to end processes.
In return we can offer you a challenging position with excellent opportunities and a competitive salary package which includes performance and profit share bonus, private healthcare, life assurance and dental cover.
If you are looking for a new opportunity to drive change and improve performance of end to end processes, apply today to continue your finance journey with Specsavers.
Specsavers is not one business but a partnership of nearly 2,000 locally-run practices. Our success stems from the hard work and enthusiasm of highly-motivated store teams in 10 countries. This is made possible by the backing of dedicated, specialised teams in our support offices, providing all the marketing, financial and HR services those stores could need. At Specsavers, we can offer a wide range of careers in a consistently expanding global enterprise.
- Support global governance over the end to end processes which generate financial data into the general ledger, starting in a store or support function, and ending at the general ledger. This includes all aspects of process management, including technology, manual process steps, controls and training.
- Produce and analyse process metrics in order to identify an ongoing pipeline of projects to continually improve the performance of the end to end processes, and on a periodic basis to benchmark our performance externally.
- Identifying and delivering improvements at either a global or territory level as required in order to optimise the various elements of these processes (people skills, process steps and technology changes).
- Create and deliver continuous improvement opportunities for the FSS.
- Operate as a lead finance stakeholder as required to support business projects which impact Finance
- Produce effective and appropriate documentation for each improvement, including process maps and standard operating procedures, where necessary.
- Evaluate completed projects, monitoring continuous benefits and record lessons learned.
- To assist the FSS managers with ad hoc project responsibilities in support of the wider business. i.e. Oracle and Genesys.
- Development of current and future state process maps that provide roadmap for driving business process and productivity improvements.
- Support the development of process documentation e.g. manuals, help documents, SOPS and forms to be approved by the business.
Key skill requirements
- Detailed knowledge of Finance functions
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Previous experience of process mapping and process improvement
- Good understanding of end to end finance processes
- Understanding of lean methodology and associated problem solving techniques
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Influencing and conflict resolution
- Problem solving
- Written & verbal communication, including presentation skills
- Stakeholder management
- Creative thinking
- Self-motivated attitude towards personal development
- Previous experience of system implementation, SAP or Oracle
- Banking/FSS transaction handling experience
- Financial Controls or Audit experience
- An understanding of Oracle
- Agile qualified or similar
- Lean qualified or similar
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80364083