Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Position: Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £30 - 35k DOE
Shift Pattern: 4 On 4 Off
Nicholas Associates (Engineering, Manufacturing & Technical) is recruiting a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer on behalf of a major manufacturing organisation in the Lincolnshire area.
As Electrical Technician on shift you are responsible for providing engineering support to achieve the plant production targets & PPM completion rate to KPI target levels.
The key responsibilities of this role are to actively take part in and (and on occasion) lead the Engineering Team in areas such as
- Breakdown Response
- Continuous Improvement (CI) Initiatives
Other key tasks of the role include:
- Completing general engineering tasks
- Breakdown repairs
- Contractor Liaison
- Carrying out cost effective maintenance routines
- General repairs to prolong the useful life of the equipment
All these tasks are to be carried out and completed within a specified time frame and to the highest Engineering Standards, thus minimising any operational disruptions whilst maximising uptime of operational equipment.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities Include:
- Ensure all Engineering Breakdowns are identified and subsequently rectified as quickly as possible
- Responsible for maintaining the highest standards of housekeeping (within specified areas)
- Ensure all recording systems for work completion are correctly compiled with all relevant information detailed
- Assist the Site Engineering Manager, Controls Technician & Shift Operations Manager in minimising machine
- Responsible for timely completion of all plant PPM schedules and to provide support for all site wide PPM programs
- Work as part of a multi-functional Mechanical / Electrical on-site Team
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of fault finding, breakdown repairs, completion of Preventative Maintenance routines on both Mechanical & Electrical equipment, Continuous Improvement activities.
- Light Welding and Fabrication
- Working knowledge of Pneumatic & Hydraulic systems
- Apprentice trained & qualified
- MEWP Licence would be beneficial but can be trained
- Up to £35K DOE
- 4 On 4 Off
Key Words: Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, PPM, CI, Continuous Improvement, Fault Finding, Breakdown Response, Mechanical Maintenance, Plastics, Scunthorpe, Gainsborough, Lincoln
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit nicholasassociates.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80373146