Lead Drupal Developer
Are you an experienced and passionate Developer looking for your next exciting and rewarding position? If the answer is yes, our client want to hear from you!
Our client have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Drupal Developer to head up a growing development team in the Chichester offices. The team develops world-class websites for global brands using Drupal 7 and 8 with Symfony, Angular 2 and other leading frameworks. Experience of continuous integration and delivery, API first and headless patterns are all desirable, but the ability to run a team of developers is essential.
Lead Drupal Developer Responsibilities:
Developing Drupal websites from initial scoping, solution design and estimating through to theming, configuration and deployment. The role encompasses the following requirements:
- Technical architect ensuring solution design, proof of concept and prototyping are defined and specified and agreed
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery
- Regular technical contact with the client and product owner
- Drupal 7 / 8 (and future releases) including complex custom module builds and data migration
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits such as peer programming, code reviews, TDD, BDD, CI, CD, coding standards, OWASP
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Produce (or manage the production of) all service technical documentation
The ideal candidate is a Drupal web developer who's seeking his/her next challenge within a growing team based in London Bridge. Our client is looking for someone who is ideally fluent in Drupal and related technologies. They would expect you to have a real passion and knowledge of web and mobile technologies, an eye for superb user experience and an entrepreneurial attitude to excite your colleagues and our clients with your ideas.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or a relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years Drupal web development experience
- Minimum of 5 years software programming / web development experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in a senior dev or supervisory role
- Advanced experience with Drupal architecture, best practices, and coding standards
- Intermediate proficiency in Linux administration, Apache configuration, MySQL database design, and PHP web development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience and/or knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Experience of using Atlassian JIRA project and issue tracking software or similar tools
- Experience integrating open source and 3rd party applications into existing systems
- Experience with Selenium or similar automated testing frameworks desirable
- Thorough understanding and proven implementation of W3C Web Standards
- A passion for web development and self-improvement
- Strong sense of responsibility and initiative
- Strives for excellence at every level
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established friendly, close knit team providing web applications and associated infrastructure support to large corporate clients worldwide.
Salary and Remuneration
In return for your hard work as the Lead Drupal Developer, our client offer an attractive salary and remuneration package depending upon individual skills and experiences.
Our client started in 1997 and they have built their solid reputation by designing, implementing and managing inspired technology solutions for medium to large organisations. They deliver high-performance, cost-effective business applications to an ever-expanding base of retail and commercial clients, on-time and within budget.
Even though they have many years of experience in integrating a wide range of legacy and bespoke systems and developing up-to-date multi-channel ecommerce platforms, they now primarily specialise in Drupal implementations – usually for clients and projects that have demanding, multi-faceted integration requirements. Our client have over 90 full-time staff and have offices in London, Chichester, Mauritius and Australia.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Lead Drupal Developer, they want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80372844