SAP Developer "ABAP"
You will be part of a team of experienced SAP software developers responsible for the technical design and development of new SAP based IT solutions and the modification and enhancement of existing SAP systems ensuring adherence to coding standards and best practices.
• Design new SAP based IT solutions, modify, enhance or adapt existing SAP systems.
• Provide knowledge transfer to IT Service Delivery and IT Support and other stakeholders where required.
• Ensure IT partners deliver code to the required quality adhering to all VWFS technical standards.
• Lead technical design discussions and take responsibility for key technical decisions.
• Mentor more junior members of SAP development team to ensure their skills are kept up to date with latest standard SAP development techniques.
• Within the project framework, create Technical Specifications to facilitate delivery of solutions.
• Plan, prepare and execute Unit tests to verify that each unit or component when tested in isolation is behaving as expected.
• Investigate defects detected in Unit, System, Systems Integration, User Acceptance Testing and non-functional test phases and provide fixes within agreed response times.
• Frequently collaborate with Business Analysts, technical leads and business subject matter experts in order to fully understand required business requirements and functional design.
Skills and Experience Required: About you
• Previous SAP experience in the following is preferred:
ABAP workbench, ABAP Objects/Classes, SAP WEBDYNPRO, Function modules, Data dictionary, Dialogue programming, Performance tuning, Object ALV, OData, SAPUI5
• You should have excellent communication skills with experience of engaging with a wide audience of technical experts and business partners.
• Solid experience as a Software Developer with very good programming ability, and a willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies.
• You will have the ability to translate functional requirements into a technical solution, and be passionate about software engineering and solution focussed.
Do you fancy having a soft top for the summer or 4x4 for the winter or how about having a Caravelle for that weekend away with the family camping? Then joining VWFS could be the answer; we change our cars every 4 months or 8,000 miles and the choice is yours. As part of our broader benefits packages, we offer some great benefits designed to make your life easy and look after your wellbeing and your family’s.
More benefits than you expected?
- Employee Car Ownership scheme (changed every 4 months)
- 2x Loan Car for your family member’s (changed every 6 months)
- Fuel Card
- Ducati Bikes discount
- Private medical insurance (with family cover available at reasonable rates)
- Income Protection Insurance
- Life assurance cover (4 x basic salary)
- Auto-Enrolled Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Onsite Wellbeing Centre
- On-site concierge services
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80364088