Maintenance Engineering Shift Supervisor
You will be working for one of the world’s foremost support services and construction companies and one of the UK's leading and best known M&E Maintenance and Facilities Management service providers. As a company they turnover in excess of £3billion and are well placed in the FTSE 250. They are able to offer long term job security and a clear career path if desired.
A Maintenance Engineering Shift Supervisor is required to supervise the provision of M&E building services, incorporating maintenance, small-works projects and contractor management, at this highly prestigious critical broadcast site at BBC Media City, Manchester.
The successful candidate will have good all round building services skills and be responsible for overseeing M&E reactive and planned works, ensuring they are carried out safely, effectively and efficiently with strict adherence to SLA’s. You will attend daily meetings with the on-site client and FM teams and review RAMS, issue permits to work and offer general day to day maintenance and engineering support to the business. The ideal candidate will be an experienced engineering supervisor however consideration will be given to a suitably skilled engineer looking to make their next career move. You will be well supported on joining the role and will work alongside another AP (supervisor) to ensure you settle in to the role well and until you are fully familiar with the site and procedures. Whilst High Voltage Authorised Person experience is desirable, training will be provided for the right candidate.
- Provide first line technical support
- Manage planned & reactive maintenance works to ensure SLA and KPI are met
- Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out effectively, efficiently and safely
- Provide technical and hands on support for the team
- Plan and carry out system resilience tests
- Manage subcontractors, SSoW and review RAMS
- Plan and resource small works projects and source parts/materials
- Maintain site statutory compliance files
- Work closely with FM and client teams
- Attend client meetings as and when required
- Update site logs and produce written reports and CAB documentation
What we are looking for
- Recognised Electrical/Mechanical/HVAC qualifications and apprenticeship-C&G, HNC/HND etc
- City and Guilds 17th Edition Wiring Regulation
- Experience of managing a team of engineers (desirable)
- Sound working knowledge of HVAC Plant: AHU's, FCU's, Pumps, Motors, Chillers, Lighting, UPS, Generators and BMS etc
- Knowledge of H&S policy and procedures-IOSH/NEBOSH (preferable)
- High Voltage Authorised Person experience (Desirable)
- Assist other personnel in emergencies and in carrying out other engineering duties as may be required by the Technical Services Manager
- Strong IT skills- Outlook, Excel, Word etc
- To manage a shift rota and maintain effective cover
- Good communication skills
- Confident in a Corporate Environment
- Good leadership skills
- The role is shift based, both days and nights, working on average 16 days per month, plus all the usual benefits associated with a company of this stature.
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80371061