Vacancy Ref - 14696
Kennedy Recruitment are working with their public sector client to recruit a temporary Band 5 Auditor based in Derry/ L/Derry. This role will be full time and is expected to last for 3 months. The role will require both an immediate start and completion of the following duties -
* Performs non-complex risk based audit assignments in accordance with agreed audit assignment plan, with minimal supervision including: documentation of systems and processes; preparation of audit working papers; performing and concluding on testing of systems and processes; drafting the audit report including prioritising audit findings, highlighting the risks associated with audit findings, making useful, workable recommendations and proposing the level of assurance to be provided on the risk, control and governance arrangements under review.* Assists Audit Supervisors in the performance of complex audit assignments and investigations, often undertaking specific elements of the assignment with minimal supervision.* On occasions reviews working papers prepared by more junior members of staff.* To liaise closely, building effective working relationships with client staff in all disciplines to facilitate and support the audit process. Communication is central to the job and is built upon the provision and receipt of routine, complex and sensitive information of a confidential nature. * Maintains confidentiality at all times.* To work closely, building effective working relationships with other members of the Audit Team. * Keep the Audit Supervisor appropriately briefed at all times to include significant issues on the work being undertaken.* Perform audit assignments in compliance with the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards and documented internal quality standards.* Perform risk based audit assignments and other allocated work within required time budgets and to required quality standard. * Demonstrates and applies a knowledge of professional auditing and accounting standards and guidelines.* Maintain independence and objectivity while still fostering a working relationship with client staff.* Implement audit policies and procedures.* Contribute towards the development and promotion of the audit service through daily contact with client staff and other parties.* Contribute to the continuous improvement of the delivery of a customer focused service to clients. * Assists in the training and coaching of junior members of staff.* Participate in the organisation's Performance Review Scheme.
* Please note a full job description is available on request.
It is essential that candidates meet the following criteria -
* Candidates must be part qualified with a CCAB accountancy body or the Institute of Internal Auditors or be a qualified Accounting Technician.
* Have at least one year of internal audit/finance experience.
OR* Candidates must have worked as an internal auditor for at least three years.
* Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Organisation which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
* Candidates must have good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
* Candidates must have excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to analyse data to identify conclusions / outcomes.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80372787