Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Clearance: SC clearance (must be willing and eligible to undergo, prior start date)
Key skills; Mechanical Design, Product Design, NPI, FEA, 3D CAD modelling, Solidworks, 3D CAD, 3D Design, thermal and vibration analysis
**Due to the secure nature of our client's project, the successful candidate must either hold valid SC Clearance or be willing to undergo prior to the commencement of the project**
My client, a global organisation, is currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work as part of a small team designing new and maintaining existing products. The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will have demonstrable experience in detailed product design, analytical methods such as FEA, thermal and vibration analysis and preferably be from a precision engineering background. The role of Mechanical Design Engineer will also require general knowledge of manufacturing methods such as machining, casting and moulding.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- As a member of the mechanical design team this role will take the lead on product designs under the supervision of the Mechanical Team Leader.
- To create and update solid models, assemblies and drawings using Solid works in line with BS8888 and company practice and to generate accurate bills of materials on the company's manufacturing system.
- To take the lead in the Mechanical team when the Mechanical Team Leader is unavailable, ensuring projects are running to schedule, concessions are assessed and approved/rejected, and ensure the rest of the team is running effectively focussing on relevant priorities.
- To work with the other engineering team members on projects and activities.
- To produce design-related documentation, including, specifications, manuals, assembly instructions, illustrations, costings and test procedures. Also to check and approve all documentation as required.
- Responsible for ensuring that work is carried out in accordance with the integrated management system.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement so that we carry out our engineering activities in the most professional and efficient manner possible.
- To assist, as required, in the assembly and testing of prototypes.
For further information on this opportunity please contact Bev on OR 0161 694 9216
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
Mechanical Design, Product Design, NPI, FEA, 3D CAD modelling, Solidworks, 3D CAD, 3D Design, thermal and vibration analysis, ; Mechanical Design, Product Design, NPI, FEA, 3D CAD modelling, Solidworks, 3D CAD, 3D Design, thermal and vibration analysis
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80368620