Group Reporting Assistant Accountant
Group Reporting is responsible for reporting the firm's results, including management accounts, statutory accounts, planning/budget/forecasting, key performance indicator data, WIP/debtor reporting, fee earner statistics and profitability information. This includes managing the reporting process throughout the firm to ensure consistent, high quality and timely data. The department also provides analysis and comment on our reported results, including highlighting exceptions and trends for discussion at Executive Committee and Partner Board meetings. Group Reporting also provides support to the global Finance community by dedicating specific staff to respond to the needs of our regions.
Key responsibilities and challenges
Assisting with the monthly consolidated management financials and year end results and ensuring integrity and accuracy of results:
- Responsibility for maintaining, posting and checking the GHO recharges.
- Responsibility for consolidation of global results and checking for errors in the consolidation, including liaison with Process & Infrastructure and office Finance teams to resolve.
- Preparation of key reports required for analysing management results.
- Responsibility for production of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of inter-company reconciliation.
- Production of exceptions reporting on month end results
- Responsibility for the CEEBV monthly accounting and statutory accounts: Responsible for monthly bank statement, foreign exchange and other postings.
- Preparation of cash flow for Treasury.
- Responsibility for preparation, approval and filing of annual CEEBV and LBSEBV statutory accounts.
- Liaison with Tax, Treasury and local Finance teams on receipt and payment of dividends.
- Assistance with the year end statutory accounts for other Linklaters entities.
- Preparation and posting of group year end journals.
- Analysis of foreign exchange gains and losses on profit remittances.
- Opportunity for involvement in disclosures required for LLP accounts and other statutory entities.
- Opportunity for liaison with the firm's external auditors.
- Assisting with the annual budgeting and planning process.
- Assistance with budget reporting and analysis.
- Responsibility for budget system authorisations.
- Opportunity for involvement in implementation of a new budgeting system.
- Project work to support Group Reporting and Process & Infrastructure:
- Examples of project work include integrity of data and financials as a result of changes to SAP hierarchy, reporting changes etc and implementation of updated/new accounting processes.
- Act as the main Finance contact for certain offices
- Develop a good working relationship with the Finance teams in the offices in order to gain an understanding of the
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80370634