Underwriting Operations Team Leader
Charles Taylor Managing Agency (CTMA) are recruiting for an Underwriting Operations Team Leader to join the team to provide effective leadership and support to the underwriting operations team and to ensure that all processes are run as efficiently as possible, to serve both internal teams and external clients.
In April 2015, we launched Charles Taylor Managing Agency Ltd (CTMA), a Lloyd’s managing agent that currently manages the Standard Syndicate 1884. The Syndicate underwrites marine and offshore energy business and has ambitious growth plans. Likewise, CTMA's strategy is to extend its syndicate management capability to further new Lloyd's start-ups. This will supplement the few managing agents that currently focus on turnkey management. This is an exciting new initiative for us and we have been running large recruitment campaigns to secure our new team in place.
- Manage performance across a team of seven Underwriting Assistants through regular one to ones, appraisals and ongoing coaching.
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry and scanning of risk documentation onto all syndicate systems within agreed service levels.
- Manage all performance areas consistently, with structured training and career development plans in place.
- Demonstrate a good level of competence in the use of management information systems to be able to understand the data and analyse any trends. Ensure consistent monthly reporting against all team KPIs, together with activities to drive opportunity and address underperformance.
- Ownership and management of our outsourcing partners ensuring SLAs and KPIs are consistently met alongside prompt query resolution. Provide guidance and training where required.
- Lead the credit control process including monitoring income, signings, chasing late payments and query resolutions, as required
- Serve as a subject matter expert on process changes and system initiatives across general UA tasks, including serving on system and market-wide user groups.
- Complete pre-and post-bind quality assurance monitoring ensuring that agreed action and escalation procedures are followed.
- Be proactively involved with CTMA and syndicate projects to help drive forward process improvements and embed new systems and tools.
- Provide professional and prompt service to brokers and clients in person, by email or by phone.
- Supervisory and/or management experience within the Lloyd’s market required.
- Minimum of A or B in English and Maths GCSE; 3 A-levels at Grade C or above preferred.
- Computer literate with intermediate/advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Good numeric and analytical skills with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Able to build and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders.
Charles Taylor plc is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. The group manages mutual insurance companies, provides specialist loss adjusting services, has recently set up a Lloyd’s Managing Agency and syndicate and is a provider of a diverse range of outsourced management and technical insurance services for the global market.
If you would like to join a growing, dynamic team, please apply below.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80367582