Oracle PL/SQL Developer
Leeds Building Society is looking for an Oracle PL/SQL Systems Developer to join our Software Delivery department. You will be based at our Butts Court Office in the heart of Leeds City Centre.
About the role
The Systems Developer will develop quality software and systems to current standards, within agreed timescales, as directed by the Society's business requirements. This includes systems design and specification and maintaining in-house software. Other duties are supporting system testing including producing test and document program code within agreed time-scales and to documented standards. You will participate in peer reviews of solution designs and related code and analyse and resolve technical and application problems.
Do you have the essential skills and experience for this role?
- Oracle PL/SQL & SQL
- Exposure to Oracle Apex
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work unaided and to defined deadlines
- Should be familiar with Microsoft Office products, the full development lifecycle and Agile development methodologies
- Key tools used within the department are Oracle, TOAD, Visual Studio 2010, Visual Studio 6, SourceSafe / Subversion, JIRA and SharePoint
Have you seen our benefits and rewards package?
- Annual salary & performance related bonus
- 26 days annual holiday & annual holiday purchase scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Exclusive colleague mortgage deals
- Annual volunteering day & long service awards
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Bus & train travel ticket loans & a Cycle Flex Scheme
Are you looking for a rewarding career? We see all colleagues as key to our success. Life at Leeds Building Society is both stretching and rewarding and we provide a wide range of training and development opportunities to help you build a successful career with us.
What do you know about Leeds Building Society?
We are the 5th biggest building society in the UK with 140 years of experience and we have every intention of getting better and better. We are totally committed to do what we were set up to do – to help people save money and to buy their own home.
We've won a whole host of awards over the years including Best Companies accreditation, which reflects our continued commitment to colleagues and the customer service they provide to our members. We work hard to develop a product range to try to meet our members' needs, and partner with numerous local communities and chosen charities.
We're not a bank – we're a mutual, which means we're owned by our members and are run exclusively in their best interests.
Interested in applying?
- Click “Please Apply” below.
Leeds Building Society is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80369888