Commercial Finance Manager
We have a brilliant opportunity available for an experienced Commercial Accountant to join our team. Working closely with the Head of Finance and Commercial and the General Manager the Commercial Finance Manager will provide effective commercial and financial support to the business.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant, able to demonstrate experience in similarly commercially focused roles
- Financial control for a key contract.
- Develop strong relationships with the customer - both operationally and within the finance function.
- Work alongside the General Manager to develop strong commercial awareness.
- Develop Budget and commercial mechanisms to drive Wincanton performance and an enhanced understanding of the operation cost drivers.
- Manage, develop and motivate the finance team.
- Embed meaningful management information reporting.
- Ensure customer and Wincanton weekly and period reporting is on time, accurate and meaningful in order to drive business performance
- Maintain close control of debt and cash management
- Reporting and monitoring of key performance indicators
- Ensure Wincanton financial controls are in place and are adhered to
- Commercial support to the business, supporting ad-hoc commercial requirements in a timely and accurate fashion providing information for decision making.
Skills, Experience & Attributes
- A Fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA).
- Degree educated.
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to persuade and influence others.
- Demonstrate drive, energy and a commitment to the continuous improvement of overall contract performance.
- Be inquisitive with a passion for challenging teams to drive performance.
- Be able to work under pressure whilst maintaining high standards.
- Strong team player
- Excellent customer relationship skills with the ability to develop good working relationships at all levels.
- Have excellent PC skills and be able to understand and harness IT and systems to benefit the operation.
- Be able to demonstrate previous relevant commercial finance experience.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80363337