Actuarial Analyst - Permanent - London
One Lime Street, London
The Corporation of Lloyd's oversees and provides services to support the Lloyd's market and promotes Lloyd's around the world. Market Reserving & Capital (MRC) is the actuarial department in the Corporation and is responsible for market oversight as regards monitoring the adequacy of reserves and capital at syndicate level, and for the calculation of capital requirements for members and the Central Fund. This role involves a full range of actuarial work undertaken by MRC, and maintaining data to support it.
The role is a general actuarial analyst role within the team and is expected to involve work across the main focus of the team - reserving and capital modelling. The role will cover syndicate-specific reviews and also the central work undertaken to give Lloyd's view of market reserves and capital.
Under the guidance of senior analysts/actuaries:
- Assist in review and validation of data returns received by Lloyd's
- Assist in the Lloyd's annual projection exercise by carrying out market level projections for a number of classes of business
- Assist in reviewing other Lloyd's returns including SAOs, AFRs as well as reserving and capital data returns
- Assist in qualitative and quantitative review of syndicate SCRs and their validation
- Assist in parameterisation and running of the Lloyd's internal capital model
- Processing/analysing data and outputs of the Lloyd's internal capital model
- Assist in interpreting results and producing MI from the Lloyd's internal capital model, including supporting uses of the model
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative review of syndicate SCRs and their validation
- Involvement in ad-hoc investigations into syndicate-specific or thematic aspects which arise as part of Lloyd's market oversight
- Time management: able to manage priorities on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Communication: able to communicate with a number of stakeholders both inside and outside of Lloyd's.
- Analytical skills: ability to manipulate and analyse data as directed, working to a high level of accuracy.
- Delivery: work to produce high quality output to agreed deadlines.
- Flexibility: proactively recognise the needs of the wider team and adapt work undertaken appropriately.
- Basic knowledge of the actuarial techniques involved in non-life insurance
- Knowledge of various IT tools including Excel, Access, Word
- Experience in non-life insurance actuarial work, preferably across a range of work areas (in particular reserving, capital modelling)
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, an enviable range of benefits.
To apply, please visit www.lloyds.com
At Lloyd's we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of equality and diversity. We use ClearTalents to discover how we might help you feel welcomed, supported and able to do as well as you can when applying to work for us, including identifying any reasonable adjustments that we may need to make. Should you feel that you require reasonable adjustments during your application process we request that you please follow this link to create a ClearTalents user profile:
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80360411