Job title: Payroll Specialist - Location: Reading - Duration: 01/02/18 - 31/07/18
Company: Large reputable multinational computer Technology Company
Pay rate: up to £14.35 per hour
Department: EMEA Payroll Operations
Position reports to: Supervisor - EMEA Payroll Operations
Reporting positions: None
Main objective of the job:
- Ensures timely payments of employee salaries and taxes in the countries managed; achieves the quality and response time objectives, accurately resolves issues that affect the timely payment of salaries and fees arising from the payroll process, reported by employees and by other internal departments.
- Collects on a daily basis data from internal and external partners required for processing the salaries and fees of external suppliers. Uses collection methods specific to the department in order to ensure the collection meets the individual targets imposed by the department.
- Analyses, investigates and responds within the standard time frame established by the department to all employees' requirements and to other requirements from internal departments that interact.
- Is the main contact for employees; understands and clarifies concerns raised by employees and uses all available resources to solve these problems. Replies to employee complaints in a polite and professional manner. In this situation, the specialist must have all the information necessary to solve the problems respecting the existent procedures.
- During the collection process, the analyst must ensure punctual escalation, providing relevant information to managers or directors, of all the problems related to customer accounts and to highlight any issues that may arise and can have a negative impact on the objectives of the department.
- Makes sure that respects and follows the monthly / bi-monthly calendar of the salaries and taxes payroll, in accordance with the responsibilities detailed there.
- The specialist should aim to and make sure that the problems are solved within the time frame agreed by the department.
- Is responsible of the decisions regarding the necessary data for processing salaries and taxes, in accordance with internal procedures agreed at a country level, and maintains collaborative relationships with internal partners, taking into account both business's objectives and internal partner's needs.
- Is well aware of the situations, understands and therefore applies department policies, internal procedures and proposes improvements that will increase both the results and the efficiency of the department.
- Works good in teams, sharing his experience and offering constructive feedback whenever needed.
- Is committed to provide quality standards in both internal and external interactions with suppliers and to implement internal policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with Sarbanes - Oxley and is responsible for providing full support to internal and external audit.
- Knows and understands the policies, procedures and processes of the department.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the Direct Supervisor, in accordance with what the work done in the department agreed time supposes.
Abilities and Qualifications of the Payroll Specialist:
- Advanced level of English;
- Fluency in any other European language is a plus;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to communicate efficiently and in a calm manner;
- Ability to create and maintain strong professional relationships;
- Organised and detail - oriented;
- Result driven and ability to solve problems;
- Excellent computer skills (e.g. MS Word, Access, Excel, Adobe, PowerPoint);
- Ability to work in an environment with multiple tasks, including prioritising and swapping numerous requests at the same time, often given tight deadlines and changes that occur in a brisk;
- Ability to maintain the pace of deliveries despite tight deadlines and demanding environment;
- Ability to understand and apply the processes and procedures of the EMEA Payroll Operations department;
- University degree.
- Approximately 1 - 2 years of work experience in the field. (This is only a guide.)
- Approximately 2 - 3 years of total work experience preferred. (This is only a guide.)
This position represents a great chance to widen your skill set and progress your career in a successful business.
If you are keen to apply, please send your CV immediately or get in touch for further information.
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80343273