Linux/ Unix Systems Administrator
Working with Prudential as a Technical Specialist means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation, a remarkable history and exciting plans for the future. If you're inspired to join us, and if you have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
At Prudential we're absolutely focused on getting the best outcomes for customers. Ours is one of the most profitable and trusted names in life and pensions, and we lead the market in a number of pension products. Across the world, we look after £635 billion in savings and investments for 24 million customers .
Overall Job Purpose
- Support of Web and Middleware solutions in a complex environment.
- Break\fix incident support of a mixture of Web and Middleware technologies.
- Problem Management for recurrent or high impact incidents, liaising with peer teams, customers, vendors and 3rd parties
- Support Releases including Testing support, deployments, assisting with issue determination and fixes
- Maintain own technical knowledge in line with industry best practice and support the knowledge development of others.
- Support small scale projects including the delivery, documentation and team cross training
- Pro-active management of the infrastructure while seeking Continuous Improvement at every opportunity through rationalising unnecessary tasks, automation or providing user self-service options
- Compliance with all relevant regulatory policies.
Competence / Knowledge / Skills Required
- Proven technical skills with Web and Middleware technologies:
- Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, MQ, IIS
- Proven skills in recognising dependencies and planning activities to minimise unplanned impacts
- Experience working within ITIL framework and ServiceNow service management toolset
- Ability to own and resolve issues spanning multiple technical teams both in house, customer and 3rd party
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills, experience working in multi customer environment
- Ability to analyse relevant facts and data and present logical solutions
- Ability to support services hosted on Windows, Unix, Linux environments
- Demonstrable scripting and automation skills
People who work at Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals
At Prudential we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80295979