Linux/Unix Systems Administrator
Overall Job Purpose
Support of Web and Middleware solutions in a complex environment.
- Break\fix incident support of a mixture of Web and Middleware technologies.
- Problem Management for recurrent or high impact incidents, liaising with peer teams, customers, vendors and 3rd parties
- Support Releases including Testing support, deployments, assisting with issue determination and fixes
- Maintain own technical knowledge in line with industry best practice and support the knowledge development of others.
- Support small scale projects including the delivery, documentation and team cross training
- Pro-active management of the infrastructure while seeking Continuous Improvement at every opportunity through rationalising unnecessary tasks, automation or providing user self service options
- Compliance with all relevant regulatory policies.
Competence / Knowledge / Skills required
- Proven technical skills with Web and Middleware technologies:
Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, MQ, IIS
- Proven skills in recognising dependencies and planning activities to minimise unplanned impacts
- Experience working within ITIL framework and ServiceNow service management toolset
- Ability to own and resolve issues spanning multiple technical teams both in house, customer and 3rd party
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills, experience working in multi customer environment
- Ability to analyse relevant facts and data and present logical solutions
- Ability to support services hosted on Windows, Unix, Linux environments
- Demonstrable scripting and automation skills
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80285328