Property Maintenance Manager
Your new company:
The London Borough of Croydon have a fantastic opportunity for a Property Maintenance Manager to join their Corporate Resources Division.
Your new role:
- Accountable for providing professional leadership and management services to develop a multi-disciplinary professional building surveying, engineering and asset maintenance management team.
- To be responsible and accountable for the delivery of the Council's Maintenance regime including statutory compliance and act the Council's expert on Mechanical and Engineering and Building Fabric services.
- To manage the efficient and cost effective delivery of building and engineering maintenance services and the asset maintenance strategy for all Council owned or occupied land and buildings.
-To develop best practice and new initiatives for the Property Maintenance teams providing technical and professional guidance and practice notes, management arrangement and building and engineering methods.
- To be responsible for the professional training and development of the team, including CPD is undertaken, compliance with current legislation, in order to implement all Government, Council, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Act as Principal Council Representative for client schools and education establishments to develop FM SLA services, working with partner contractors.
- To ensure a customer focused help desk service is delivered and all necessary standard operating procedure and processes are development and implemented for all technical and professional staff.
- Deliver the FM Asset Maintenance Strategy objectives in terms of Property Maintenance and FM planning. This is to include the preparation and delivery of PPM schedules, surveys, capital (condition) maintenance programme, all planned and reactive building and engineering maintenance works and all statutory compliance and the production of ongoing premises development plans.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree in a building or engineering or suitable higher education qualification and or full professional body membership (i.e. CEng, MCIBSE, CBIFM)
- Post Graduate Management qualification, preferred or professional membership into a suitable management or leadership body (e.g. Institute of Leadership & Management)
- Up-to-date knowledge of all related statutory and regulatory legislation.
- Prior experience of working within
- Broad knowledge and experience of managing comprehensive building and engineering maintenance programmes.
- Proven track record of managing professional and technical staff, including customer focused help-desk service operations.
- Demonstrable experience of leading projects and delivering schemes within financial and operational constraints
- Experience of influencing
- Proven track record of managing PPM and statutory compliance activities.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary up to £55,949
- Generous pension contribution
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible working promoted being able to work from home
- Support on further professional development
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.