Assistant Headteacher - Full-time
Salary: Leadership Scale 4 – 8
Required From: September 2018
Excellent Opportunity for Leadership Development
Bligh Primary School are seeking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher who will join us to build upon our successes and help to shape the future of our Trust.
Bligh is a very unique Primary School in the fact that it is two separate schools with a nursery and Children’s Centre on site. Bligh Primary Infant School is an outstanding school (July 2015) and Bligh Primary Junior School is a good school (Feb 2013). Both schools and the school nursery are member of Barnsole Primary Trust.
At Bligh, we respect, value and invest in our staff to ensure that they have every opportunity to become outstanding leaders of learning.
You will work alongside one other Assistant Headteacher, a Deputy Headteacher, the Headteacher and our dedicated Senior Leadership Team to support us in achieving the very best for the pupils at Bligh.
- passionate about education and leadership?
- a leader who has the highest expectations of themselves and others?
- a dynamic primary practitioner who understands outstanding teaching and learning across the Early Years and Years 1 to 6?
- a dedicated team player with energy, drive and creativity?
- innovative and committed to school improvement?
- committed to the highest possible expectations and pupil outcomes?
- a strong communicator with emotional intelligence?
- ambitious and committed to your own professional development?
- a leader with a sense of humour?
We can offer you…
- pupils who are enthusiastic, fun and caring.
- a dynamic and supportive Senior Leadership Team.
- opportunities for career development.
- a 100% focus on improving outcomes for all our pupils.
- a vibrant, energetic and fun place to work.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged; please contact Anne Bennett on the above telephone number to arrange a visit with one of our Senior Leaders.
The closing date for applications is midday on Monday 26th March 2018. Short listed candidates will be invited for interview on Wednesday 28th March 2018.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
Bligh Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults.
Information about the trust
Barnsole Primary Trust is driven by a moral purpose, determined to see a high performing and successful Multi-Academy Trust that delivers the very best educational experience for all pupils in the Early Years and Primary Phases.
The Trust believes that every child has the right to access a good or outstanding school. This means a commitment to working collaboratively and effectively using everyone’s strengths to meet a common aim. We are proud of the teaching and leadership capacity that is being built across Barnsole Primary Trust; as a result of this strength, the Trust is now poised to move forward into a period of significant growth. Barnsole Primary Trust is a cost-effective organisation that has a clear business model delivering the efficiency, effectiveness and challenge required to ensure that school improvement is at the forefront of everything we do. There is a relentless drive for continued improvement in teaching, learning, leadership and governance, to achieve the best personal and educational outcomes for every pupil.
Our partnerships reach beyond the Multi-Academy Trust. We are an outward looking organisation seeking to learn from others and sharing our own good practice and expertise. We very much welcome enquiries with regard to any of our schools and services, along with suggestions for partnership working.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.