Design & Technology Teacher - Full-time
Pay: Main Pay Scale / Upper Pay Scale
Start Date: Sep 2018
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a progressive Design and Technology department and create outstanding learning opportunities. We are a successful team working in a modern, well equipped environment. We are seeking a Design and Technology teacher to teach students in both key stage 3 and key stage 4 from September 2018. You will help to deliver the new AQA DT specification for our large cohort of GCSE students and also teach a newly written KS3 curriculum. The successful candidate will be proactive and will actively look for opportunities to engage the natural inquisitiveness of our learners. Candidates should be able to enthuse pupils and contribute positively to help develop the curriculum provision offered by the team. We would also welcome applicants who are looking for a part time position.
- Be a motivated teacher who inspires your pupils and is keen to work with colleagues to develop the delivery of the DT curriculum.
- Be innovative and resourceful when delivering curriculum.
- Be flexible, collaborative and resilient.
- Have high expectations of your pupils, the school and yourself.
We can offer you:
- The chance to work in a ‘good’ school, ‘The school has been on a rapid journey of improvement since the appointment of the current headteacher. She has made many positive changes.’ Ofsted November 2017
- Teaching at KS3 and KS4
- Effective support for Professional Development in preparation for your next step
- A friendly and supportive environment
- The opportunity to work with well-motivated students and a motivated supportive department.
Only applications submitted by the school application process will be considered, we are unable to accept CVs.
Closing Date: 14/03/2018 at 12:00
Interviews to be held week commencing 19th March 2018.
Information about the trust
Future Schools Trust is a visionary organisation comprised of two secondary academies, a sixth form, primary school and a nursery school. Occupying state-of-the-art facilities our objective is to secure the very best educational opportunities for the young people we serve. We pride ourselves in being innovative in changing the face of education. If you are an ambitious, motivated and enthusiastic team player, we want to hear from you.
Future Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.