Payroll Team Leader
We currently have a great opportunity for a Payroll Team Leader to join our client based in Payroll Team Leader on a permanent contract. Working as the Payroll Team Leader you will have full responsibility for the delivery of expert payroll services to your allocated clients whilst line managing Payroll Administrators with support from Payroll Services Manager.
Job Title: Payroll Team Leader
Location: Newport Pagnell
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
As Payroll Team Leader you will take full ownership for the service delivered ensuring payroll and legislative requirements are met and you will act as first line escalation, between the Payroll Administrators and Payroll Services Manager, managing day-to-day issues that arise from customers and the team. Duties include;
- You will be responsible for helping to organise the team's workloads, ensuring all deadlines are met and day-to-day management of jobs are completed.
- Provide feedback on how the Payroll Administrators are performing and have one-to-ones with team members. Work with Payroll Services Manager to set objectives and complete Appraisals or deal with any performance management.
- Maintain Payroll Bureau procedures in general and for each customer in your own portfolio.
- Management of day to day pay related matters including responding to pay and pension queries, most specifically Educational related LGPS and TP Schemes
- To ensure all statutory and annual returns are made in a timely manner.
- Involvement with implementation of new allocated customer business.
- Maintaining confidentiality and security of any payroll and employee systems, to meet company, legal and statutory requirement.
- Record and report on Payrolls to enable accurate invoicing and department analysis.
- Build up relationships with all contacts, providing excellent customer service.
- Work with the Payroll Services Manager and as part of a team on suggesting and working on continuous improvement to processes and software.
The successful candidate will have working knowledge of payroll and pensions legislation and will have previous experience in a similar position where you have demonstrated strong leadership skills. It is essential that you have strong communication skills and you are highly organised.
You must be able to work well under pressure and to deadlines, strong IT skills are also required for this position. The ideal candidate will be a team player who has the ability to manage their own portfolio of customers.
Previous experience within a practice or bureau or knowledge of educational payroll would be highly advantageous.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960298422